When does the in-house season start? What days and how often is practice?
- The In House season usually begins at the end of October/beginning of November. A schedule will be sent out prior to that usually a few weeks before it begins.
- Levels 1 & 2 typically practice on Saturday. There is also an optional Wednesday night ice time that is more focused on the kids playing hockey rather than doing drills, although there will be some structure to the Wednesday night ice time. In March, because there is more ice time available, Levels 1 & 2 will have practices Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
- Levels 3 & 4 typically practice on Saturday and Sunday. There is also an optional Wednesday night ice time that is more focused on the kids playing hockey rather than doing drills, although there will be some structure to the Wednesday night ice time. In March, because there is more ice time available, Levels 3 & 4 will have practices Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Can my skater be placed on a team with a friend?
- We do our best to accommodate requests but please understand that is not always possible. Level 1 & 2 is generally divided into teams based on what school they attend. Level 3 & 4 are divided by skill level and so it will not be as easy to accommodate those requests.
How will I find out about the upcoming season? Schedule, team, when, etc?
- You will receive emails with further information about the upcoming season. Much of the information can be found on the Mankato Hockey website under the Teams section. Teams will be divided after the season starts and jerseys will be handed out in the first few weeks of the season.
- Information will likely be coming to your inbox a couple weeks before the season is set to start.
When is fall hockey for in-house?
- Fall hockey for in-house is generally held the week before the season starts. If your child is signed up for this you will be sent a schedule. This session is separate from and held later than the fall hockey for traveling skaters.
Do I need to turn in a birth certificate for in house and to whom and where?
- Each skater is required to turn in a copy of their birth certificate. This will need to be an official birth certificate from the county, not the one from the hospital. You will only be required to turn in the birth certificate one time.
- The birth certificate can be mailed to the Registrar at PO Box 1262, Mankato, MN 56002 or can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
What equipment does my in-house player need?
- Helmet - MOUTHGUARD
- Protective Cup & Strap (Boys) - Shoulder Pads
- Pelvic Protection (Girls) - Hockey Gloves
- Skates - Jersey
- Shin Guards - Breezers
- Hockey Stick - Socks & Garter or Sweatpants
Can my player be placed at a different level than what registration allowed me to register at? If so how?
- Registration is set up to register skaters by their birthdate. If your skater has already skated the level they are required to register for you will need to complete a ‘Move Up Request’ form found here. This form will need to be turned into the registrar.
Who is required to do fundraising?
- Level 3-4 are required to do fundraising. Each family is required to sell a specified number of wreaths. (*If you have a mite AND a traveling player you will only be selling calendars and not wreaths, calendars trump wreaths.) More information can be found on the Fundraising page.
- Fundraising is also set up by birthdate so you will be required to sell the amount set for your child’s age appropriate level regardless of the level they are skating.
How can I find the schedule for my skater’s level? -On the Mankato Hockey website you can find the schedule for your skater under Players>Mites and then to your child’s specific level.
Will my child be on a team? -Yes! Level 1 & 2 are divided based on which school they attend. Level 3 & 4 teams are based on skill level of individual player and will be divided appropriately. Is there anything I can do to help out with during the season? -Yes! Your level manager will need help with different events such as Picture Day or Hockey Fest. Let him/her know if you are interested in helping.
Hockey Operations Director